Learn & Play may collect any information (such as first and last name, address, e-mail address, telephone number and age or age range) that you provide when you interact with us. Some examples are when you:
- Sign up for email updates from us.
- Participate in a contest, sweepstakes or other promotions.
- Download an application.
- Participate in a game or other promotion on the Sites, at one of our retail partner’s websites or at the Stores.
- Fill out a survey or questionnaire.
- Engage with Learn & Play content through third-party social networking sites.
- Contact a Learn & Play customer service or sales representative.
- Sign up for access to in-store WiFi at the Stores
Each time you visit the Sites or the Stores, we may automatically collect certain types of information. Some examples of automatic information we may collect are as follows:
- We may record your internet service provider’s address, your internet protocol or IP address, the web page from which you came, your web browser software, the type of handheld or mobile device used to link to the web page, and the language settings on your web browser.
- We may collect a record of your activity or your “clickstream” while visiting the Sites.
- We may use “cookies” of different types to recognize your computer. A cookie is a small text file that a website, online application, or e-mail may save to your internet browser and/or your computer’s hard drive for use in subsequent visits to the Sites or other sites.
- We may use web beacons, match scripts, pixel tags or similar technologies that allow us to know if a particular web page was visited, an e-mail opened, links in the email utilized or if the advertisements on the Sites or other sites were effective. In some instances, these technologies may allow us to match activities with particular users.
- We may collect any information you enter, share or that can be obtained from your use of our apps, games, contests, or promotions.
- We may capture audio, visual, and other sensory information while you visit the Stores
Your personal information is used by Learn & Play and others to enhance your online and in-store experience, respond to your requests, improve our customer service, tailor offerings and advertisements to you, communicate with you about products, services, special offerings, and events or programs offered by our retail that may be of interest to you.
Learn & Play may also use this information to analyze and manage its businesses. Aggregate or combined data is collected from online and offline facilities and may be used to enhance the ability of Learn & Play to communicate with you and to support internal business processes, marketing, authentication, customer service, fraud prevention, and public safety and legal functions.
Learn & Play may also disclose specific information when such disclosure appears necessary to comply with the law, a subpoena or other litigation process or to protect the interests or safety of its visitors, Learn & Play employees or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Learn & Play uses industry-standard security techniques designed to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information collected from you. When you transmit personally identifiable data to the Sites, that information is stored on servers that the Sites have attempted to secure from unauthorized access or intrusion. Learn & Play cannot be and is not responsible for unauthorized access to information by hackers or others who have obtained such access through illegal measures.
“Phishing” is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an e-mail that looks like it might be from Learn & Play asking for your personal information, do not respond. Learn & Play would not request your password, user name, credit card information, or other personal information through e-mail.
For Google Analytics, please visit: https://www.google.com/analytics